Although APEX is a new company, as a family, we have been designing and building steering and suspension products for over 30 years. Our previous company, XRF Chassis (famous for it's Million Mile Warranty), manufactured over 6000 SKU's of OE upgraded components and supplied many of your favorite off-road companies including Barnes 4WD, Doetsch Off Road, RPM Steering and many more.
After selling XRF, and taking some time, off we decided to start APEX Chassis, geared solely to supply the Jeep and 4X4 truck community with the strongest possible steering and suspension upgrade products.
The APEX Difference:
At APEX we design, engineer and manufacture all of our SKU's to our exact specifications. If it says APEX on it, from start to finish, it is our product.
Many "steering" companies make tubes and then outsource the most complicated and important part of the system, the ends. At APEX every component in your steering system is designed, engineered and manufactured by us to work together for the best possible system.
In our steering systems we also ensure that all the geometry is built into our forged steel ends, so you will never see bends in the tubes. Bends in tubes are used as an inexpensive way to re-purpose straight tie rod ends when a custom engineered off-set tie rod should be used.
At APEX we like to say our quality is not consistent, it’s constantly evolving.
We rely entirely on engineering, in-house and off-road testing as well as customer feedback to decide on the best design and materials to choose. Our customers are often astounded when their suggested modifications are introduced in our next production.
We are also not tied to any one dogma of design and construction.
The bearing designs that we use are individually tailored to each part based on application and load. Our ball joints are the go to ball joint for many podium finishers in both NORRA 1000 style and Ultra 4 style racing.
What you will always see is:
- SAE 1045 mid-carbon solid steel forged housings – For Increased pull-out strength
- SAE 1040 (Chromoly) induction heat treated ball studs – For extreme wear resistance
- Castle Nuts – For ease of install, uninstall and durability
- Greaseable and Pre-Greased – For longer life
- Rolled Step Threads – For increased strength and smoother install
- Grade 8-10.9 Hardware – For increased strength
- CNC machined housing - For perfect fit and easy install
- CR rubber boots – For increased to durability and resistance to cracking or wear due to age, hot/cold, road level ozone and automotive fluids
- Individually custom designed bearings for - Maximum durability
We also keep our designs simple for easy install and increased durability. Sorry, you just can’t build a durable, rebuildable ball joint. And we think you want to spend your time wheeling, so nothing adjustable that you have to monitor or maintain. Just an extremely robust product at an affordable price.
Give us a shot! You won't be disappointed!