The Special Sauce:
- SAE 1045 Solid Steel Forged Housing: This is unequivocally the best carbon alloy steel for this application.
- Knurled Housings: The preferred design for aftermarket installations.
- CNC Machined Housing: Make our parts and bearings dimensionally perfect, eliminating any die wear issues.
- SAE 4140 hot forged Chromoly Ball Studs: For the strongest possible metallurgy.
- Plunger Design Stud: Unique to Jeep and Dodge, allows up and down movement with no side-to-side movement.
- Induction Heat Treated Ball Studs: Provides a very precise heat treatment to the exact depth and location we want it.
- Rolled Threads: Are made by pressing the shape of the threads into the ball stud instead of cutting. This strengthens the threads instead of weakening them and allows for easy movement of hardware. This ain't no Ikea furniture!
- Step Threads : allows for very easy movement of hardware on install and superior holding when torqued (installer choice).
- Carbon Bearing Design: Used mainly in Jeep and Dodge upper ball joints is the solver of all things wobbly. Like all of our product
- CR Rubber Boots: The most durable material for undecar applications. Resistant to deterioration from road level ozone, oil/gas/engine fluids and extreme heat or cold.
- Internal Seal Boot: The boot is coined onto the ball joint, for superior sealing against contaminants.
- E-Coat Finish: Durable e-coat treatment.
- Grade 8 - Class 10.9 Hardware: Superior tensile strength
- Castle Nut: Industry standard where high vibration loads occur.
- Pre threaded Zerk Housing: If you have ever installed a MOOG Ball Joint without a pre-threaded zerk fitting you will understand what a simple but great feature this is. Another installer fav.
- Greaseable: Because it should be.
- Pre-Greased: Just in case you forget, we have you covered.
- Zerk Fittings : Included for every application.
Where It Fits:
Vehicle Position: Front Upper
Quantity per Vehicle: 2
Moog Interchange: K7460
XRF Interchange: K7460X