The Special Sauce:
- SAE 1045 Solid Steel Forged Housing: This is unequivocally the best carbon alloy steel for this application.
- Knurled Housings: The preferred design for aftermarket installations.
- CNC Machined Housing: Make our parts and bearings dimensionally perfect, eliminating any die wear issues.
- SAE 4140 hot forged Chromoly Ball Studs: For the strongest possible metallurgy.
- Induction Heat Treated Ball Studs: Provides a very precise heat treatment to the exact depth and location we want it.
- Polished Ball Studs: Are built like an anti-friction bearing with extremely precise tolerances.
- Military Grade Acetal Bearing: The same bearing material spec'd by the US military for Hummer ball joints. This material is: dimensionally stable (doesn't expand or contract with hot or cold, water or oil absorption), it can be polished smooth as steel, is anti-friction, Doesn't wear itself out under load like metal on metal, and can take an absolute pounding.
- CR Rubber Boots: The most durable material for undecar applications. Resistant to deterioration from road level ozone, oil/gas/engine fluids and extreme heat or cold.
- Pancake Boot
- Phosphate Finish: Extremely durable. Double coated. Rugged look.
- Grade 8 - Class 10.9 Hardware: Superior tensile strength
- Pre threaded Zerk Housing: If you have ever installed a MOOG Ball Joint without a pre-threaded zerk fitting you will understand what a simple but great feature this is. Another installer fav.
- Greaseable: Because it should be.
- Pre-Greased: Just in case you forget, we have you covered.
- Gull Winged Grease Grooves : Allows for improved lubrication disbursement around the ball stud.
- Zerk Fittings : Included for every application.
Where It Fits:
Vehicle Position: Front Upper
Quantity per Vehicle: 2
Moog Interchange: K80028