The Special Sauce:
- SAE 1045 Solid Steel Forged Housing: This is unequivocally the best carbon alloy steel for this application.
- Knurled Housings: The preferred design for aftermarket installations.
- CNC Machined Housing: Make our parts and bearings dimensionally perfect, eliminating any die wear issues.
- SAE 4140 hot forged Chromoly Ball Studs: For strongest possible metallurgy.
- UPPER: Plunger Design Stud:Unique to Jeep and Dodge, allows up and down movement with no side-to-side movement.
- LOWER: Polished Ball Studs: Are built like an anti-friction bearing with extremely precise tolerances.
- Induction Heat Treated Ball Studs: Provides a very precise heat treatment to the exact depth and location we want it.
- Rolled Threads: Are made by pressing the shape of the threads into the ball stud instead of cutting. This strengthens the threads instead of weakening them and allows for easy movement of hardware. This ain't no Ikea furniture!
- Step Threads : Allows for very easy movement of hardware on install and superior holding when torqued (installer choice).
- UPPER: Carbon Bearing Design: Used mainly in Jeep and Dodge upper ball joints is the solver of all things wobbly. Like all of our product.
- LOWER: Military Grade Acetal Bearing: The same bearing material spec'd by the US military for Hummer ball joints. This material is: dimensionally stable (doesn't expand or contract with hot or cold, water or oil absorption), it can be polished smooth as steel, is anti-friction, Doesn't wear itself out under load like metal on metal, and can take an absolute pounding.
- CR Rubber Boots: The most durable material for undercar applications.
- Pancake Boot.
- Phosphate Finish: Extremely durable. Double coated. Threads coated as well. Rugged look.
- Grade 8 - Class 10.9 Hardware: Superior tensile strength.
- UPPER: Castle Nut: Industry standard where high vibration loads occur.
- LOWER: Tension Nut: Very strong hold in most applications
- Pre-threaded Zerk Housing: If you have ever installed a MOOG ball joint without a pre-threaded zerk fitting you will understand what a simple but great feature this is. Another installer fav.
- Greaseable: Because it should be.
- Pre-Greased: Just in case you forget, we have you covered.
- Gull Winged Grease Grooves: Allows for improved lubrication disbursement.
- Zerk Fittings: Included for every application.
- UPPER: Custom Features: Custom bearing design to eliminate 'Death Wobble'.