The Special Sauce:
- SAE 1045 Solid Steel Forged Housing: This is unequivocally the best carbon alloy steel for this application.
- CNC Machined Housing: Make our parts and bearings dimensionally perfect, eliminating any die wear issues.
- SAE 4140 hot forged Chromoly Ball Studs: For the strongest possible metallurgy.
- Induction Heat Treated Ball Studs: Provides a very precise heat treatment to the exact depth and location we want it.
- Rolled Threads: Are made by pressing the shape of the threads into the ball stud instead of cutting. This strengthens the threads instead of weakening them and allows for easy movement of hardware. This ain't no Ikea furniture!
- Step Threads : allows for very easy movement of hardware on install and superior holding when torqued (installer choice).
- Rugged Metal to Metal Bearing
- CR Rubber Boots: The most durable material for undercar applications. Resistant to deterioration from road level ozone, oil/gas/engine fluids and extreme heat or cold
- Accordion Boot: ideal for high-articulation components, more flexibility means longer life.
- Phosphate Finish: Extremely durable. Double coated. Threads coated as well. Rugged look.
- Grade 8 - Class 10.9 Hardware: Superior tensile strength.
- Nyloc Nut: Very strong hold in most applications.
- Greaseable: No.
- Pre-Greased: Yes.
- Gull Winged Grease Grooves : Allows for improved lubrication disbursement around the ball stud.
Where It Fits:
Vehicle Position: Front Outer
Quantity per Vehicle: 2
Moog Interchange: ES3691