The Special Sauce:
- SAE 1045 Solid Steel Forged Housing: This is unequivocally the best carbon alloy steel for this application.
- CNC Machined Housing: Make our parts and bearings dimensionally perfect, eliminating any die wear issues.
- SAE 4140 hot forged Chromoly Ball Studs: For the strongest possible metallurgy.
- Induction Heat Treated Ball Studs: Provides a very precise heat treatment to the exact depth and location we want it.
- Rolled Threads: Are made by pressing the shape of the threads into the ball stud instead of cutting. This strengthens the threads instead of weakening them and allows for easy movement of hardware. This ain't no Ikea furniture!
- Step Threads : allows for very easy movement of hardware on install and superior holding when torqued (installer choice).
- Military Grade Acetal Bearing: The same bearing material spec'd by the US military for Hummer ball joints. This material is: dimensionally stable (doesn't expand or contract with hot or cold, water or oil absorption), it can be polished smooth as steel, is anti-friction, Doesn't wear itself out under load like metal on metal, and can take an absolute pounding.
- Phosphate Finish: Extremely durable. Double coated. Threads coated as well. Rugged look.
- Grade 8 - Class 10.9 Hardware: Superior tensile strength.
- Greaseable: Lubrication provided from adjacent outer tie rod end.
- Pre-Greased: Yes.
- Gull Winged Grease Grooves : Allows for improved lubrication disbursement around the ball stud.
Where It Fits:
Vehicle Position: Front Inner
Quantity per Vehicle: 2
Moog Interchange: EV800457